YBR SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP GRANT 2019
The Social Entrepreneurship Grant was introduced by Yayasan Bank Rakyat to provide financial assistance to selected social entrepreneurs to develop products or services in specific areas of industry. It is the aim of Yayasan Bank Rakyat to empower students and fresh graduates to take up social entrepreneurship.
- Applications are subject to the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Small to Medium Enterprises (SME).
- Start-ups must submit a business plan capable of generating revenue.
- Upon completion of the commercial development phase, specific projects from universities and research institutes (as determined on an ad hoc basis by Yayasan Bank Rakyat) should be available for license to SMEs or designated enterprises.
- The main applicant must be a Malaysian citizen aged 18 years and above.
- Yayasan Bank Rakyat only funds enterprises, businesses and projects that create social impact in the following areas:
- Community Development.
- Youth Development.
- Environment, Sustainability and Green Energy.
- That meet the objectives, vision and mission of Yayasan Bank Rakyat.
- To be considered eligible, the social enterprise must comply with any one of the following conditions:
- More than 50% of its workforce is comprised of the less fortunate.
- More than 1/3 of the cost of business is channeled towards the provision of income and training for, or to provide subsidies on goods or services, to the less fortunate.
- More than 1/3 of the raw materials or source of output is spent on achieving a specified environmental mission.
- More than half of the company’s profits are allocated towards achieving a specified social or environmental mission.
- Applications, which are made using the Google Form, can be found on the Yayasan Bank Rakyat website at yayasanbankrakyat.com.my. Applicants are required to submit the following documents with their application:
- Application form.
- Company profile or the applicant’s resumé.
- Business plan.
- Documents that confirm the existence of the enterprise’s operations and the social projects or products, as explained in the accompanying application form.These can include any one or more of the following :
- Web domain.
- Marketing collaterals.
- Company registration documents (for example: Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership Agreement).
- Documents detailing the company policy or its standard operating procedures.
- Applications that do not meet the stated criteria may be rejected.
- This programme uses social entrepreneurship as a platform to reach communities through digital marketing initiatives and as a driver of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR4.0).
- Application are open for submission from 3 September 2019 until 30 October 2019.9.
- By submitting an application, the applicant agrees and authorizes that any materials provided to Yayasan Bank Rakyat may be used for promotional purposes on the Yayasan Bank Rakyat website or other social media platforms.
- Following the end of the submission period, Yayasan Bank Rakyat will initiate a selection process. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and will be required to attend a pitching session.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email.
- Shortlised applicants will be notified at least five days in advance by Yayasan Bank Rakyat of the pitching session that they will be required to attend.
Successful applicants will recieve a grant of between RM5,000.00 and RM20,000.00, the amount of which will be based upon the type of project underaken.
Download Info : pdf SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP GRANT - INFO (97 KB)
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE : SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP GRANT - FORM